Saturday 28 June 2008

New Career!!!


I think I forgot to mention that I now have a job - very exciting I am working for Sustrans the Sustainable transport company who have started a Travelsmart Project in Exeter to encourage people (like me) out of their cars and onto bikes, buses, trains or walking! I work as a packer (packing up the information for residents such as cycling, walking maps, bus timetables etc) and then deliver them on my bike with a trailer attached! This was incredibly hard at first as we were doing an unmentionably horrible hilly area called Farm Hill and Gloucester Road in Exwick but now it isn't so bad as it has flattened out somewhat!!!
We have a great team run by Andy who is younger than me - he must be the first boss I have had who is younger than me it really makes me feel old - but then I am nearly 40 and I have more hair than he does!!! Talking about hair I think Peter & Alan ought to grow theirs as they haven't got the pony tails that Ryan & I have!!! Its a fun place to work as we even have food parcels sent down from head office in Bristol - keep them coming Francine & Lizzie - Please!!!

No comments: